[Bioperl-l] possible bug printing GenBank feature qualfiers

Scott Markel smarkel at scitegic.com
Mon Apr 3 16:28:09 UTC 2006

Chris,

Apologies again that my simplistic input file caused confusion.
Thanks for making the CVS changes.

Scott

Chris Fields wrote:

> Removed Scott's line from Bio::SeqIO::genbank in CVS (reverted back  to
> the previous version); it's much simpler that way and we avoid an  extra
> method call.  Sorry about all the confusion here; I was worried  that
> the parsing issue I was seeing about the feature flag had  something to
> do with Scott's bug when they were completely unrelated.
>
> Chris
>
> On Apr 1, 2006, at 3:34 AM, Hilmar Lapp wrote:
>

>> On Mar 31, 2006, at 8:26 PM, Chris Fields wrote:
>>
>>> Since the problem seems to be solved and both fixes (Scott's and
>>> Heikki's) are redundant and essentially get the same results, one of
>>> them should be rolled back.
>>

>> Please don't leave the line
>>
>>     $value = $value->{"value"};
>>
>> Either remove it (because the problem needs to either be 'fixed' in  all
>> writers, or at the root), or if you want to leave this construct in,
>> protect it with a conditional and use the method-based access as I  sent
>> an example before.
>>
>>     -hilmar
>> --
>

> Christopher Fields
> Postdoctoral Researcher
> Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer
> Dept of Biochemistry

Scott Markel, Ph.D.
Principal Bioinformatics Architect  email:  smarkel at scitegic.com
SciTegic Inc.                       mobile: +1 858 205 3653
9665 Chesapeake Drive, Suite 401    voice:  +1 858 279 8800, ext. 253
San Diego, CA 92123                 fax:    +1 858 279 8804
USA                                 web:    http://www.scitegic.com