[Bioperl-l] Fwd: Could you help me to solve the problem about installing bioperl under Windous XP

Scott Cain cain at cshl.edu
Wed Oct 19 09:25:46 EDT 2005

While there is not yet a full ppm build of bioperl 1.5.1, I created one
specifically for use with GBrowse.  It can be obtained at
http://www.gmod.org/ggb/ppm :

  ppm> rep add gmod http://www.gmod.org/ggb/ppm
  ppm> rep up gmod
  ppm> rep up gmod
.. (until it is at the top of the list)
  ppm> search bioperl
.. install

I would suggest that you uninstall the old bioperl first, as I don't
trust the ppm manager to do everything right.

Note that this ppm does not enforce most of the optional prereqs for
bioperl, just the minimum required for GBrowse.  Of course, after you
install bioperl, you can install GBrowse too:

  ppm>install Generic-Genome-Browser

(as long as you already have Apache installed as well).

Scott