[Bioperl-l] Proposal for AI methods in Bioperl

Michael Seewald mseewald at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 03:53:53 EDT 2005

Hi Mauricio,

You might want to check out R (r-project.org <http://r-project.org>) and its
biostatistical modules (bioconductor.org <http://bioconductor.org>). As much
as I love perl/bioperl, R is the place to go for OS biostatistics computing.
You will duplicate a lot of functionality, if you start implementing e.g.
neural networking in perl/bioperl. It *may* be worthwile, however, to take
some of the C code from R in order to use it in perl calls. I would consider
this only, if perl code/speed/parsing outweighs the R code you need.

Michael