[Bioperl-l] Entrez Gene ASN

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Fri Mar 11 13:17:23 EST 2005

Gene shouldn't be fundamentally different from LocusLink, and LocusLink
was represented as an annotated SeqI within bioperl.

If at all possible I'd still like it to remain that way for Gene in
order to allow for a smooth transition from LL to Gene for code that's
been using the former.

If you want to emphasize the fact that it's a container for sequences,
then that sounds like a ClusterI to me, which can be richly annotated
too.

Note also that NCBI is working on an ASN.1->XML converter. Personally,
I'm inclined to wait for that converter to appear, but other priorities
may prevail.

Let me know what you think.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org