[Bioperl-l] Sequence features - complete sequences

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at devgen.com
Wed Jan 19 07:32:39 EST 2005

> I want to retrieve only complete sequences from GenPept
> records. I'm not
> sure this is possible, because the notation may not be
> consistent, but I
> was thinking of checking the 'Protein' feature for something like
> <1..>952 (protein here:
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/viewer.fcgi?val=34223805),
> which says there is more sequence upstream. I have

I think in a lot of cases this means that there _is_ more sequence in _reality_, but not available in the databases (e.g. not a full length cDNA clone). Just because that part was never isolated and thus, not sequenced. Meaning there is no way to fetch the missing sequence information.
Regards,
Marc