[Bioperl-l] Sequence features - complete sequences

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Wed Jan 19 06:48:16 EST 2005

Hi,

I want to retrieve only complete sequences from GenPept records. I'm not
sure this is possible, because the notation may not be consistent, but I
was thinking of checking the 'Protein' feature for something like
<1..>952 (protein here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/viewer.fcgi?val=34223805), which says there is more sequence upstream. I have
been looking at BioPerl feature objects but I couldn't find a way of
doing this. What module would need to be changed, or what code could be
written (maybe using the 'tag' feature of SeqFeature::Generic.pm? But then there would have to be some code attached to the tag, to parse the required information.) to accomplish
this?

Thank you,
Paulo

--