[Bioperl-l] ASN.1 and BioPerl ?

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at devgen.com
Sat Feb 12 18:37:59 EST 2005

> In the bioinf world, ASN.1 is really only used by NCBI, but for them
> it's their bread and butter. I concur with Chris that it
> would be most
> useful and preferred if NCBI just exported their data to XML
> format to
> make everyone's life a bit easier, and in fact they have done so on
> certain occasions in the more recent past.

Hi folks,
just chiming in, so I might missing the point here (please ignore if that is the case).
I only wanted to say that NCBI actually does provide sequence data in XML format.
Genbank records can be dumped in GBSeq XML and INSDSeq XML.
All dtd can be found at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/dtd/

Cheers,
Marc