[Bioperl-l] RE: [Gmod-gbrowse] features not displaying

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at devgen.com
Fri Feb 11 20:10:35 EST 2005

Hi all

> Can you take the responsibility for keeping the "horrible hack"
> section of the bugfixes branch up to date in CVS?  I don't want to
> start colliding with you.

Done.

I also found the cause of the double feature tracks. The code warned for the problem, and it even said how to fix it !

  # WARNING: if too many features start showing up in tracks, uncomment
  # the following line and comment the one after that.
  # @label    = $self->type2label($basetype,$length) unless @label;
  push @label,$self->type2label($basetype,$length);

And that is just what I did ;-) It was commited to the release_1_62-bugfixes branch.
Lincoln, could you please have a look at this piece in Bio::Graphics::Browser, I don't know what the purpose was.

So, after all that, gbrowse (release_1_62-bugfixes) on top of biosql should work straight out of the box (at least with bioperl 1.5.0 !)
Cheers,
Marc