[Bioperl-l] ->alphabet documentation wrong here there and everywhere :-)

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Sat Jan 10 14:12:52 EST 2004

The documentation is correct we cannot assume that all implementers of the
interface will be mutable.

An interface does not assume that you can set value while a implementation
may choose to allow it.  Consider a DBPrimarySeq which is a read-only
representation of the db - it implements the PrimarySeqI interface but
does not allow alphabet to be updated while Bio::PrimarySeq does.

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University
jason at cgt.mc.duke.edu