[Bioperl-l] ->alphabet documentation wrong here there and everywhere :-)

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Jan 9 16:07:27 EST 2004

Does anyone object to me fixing the documentation for PrimarySeqI et al.
with respect to the 'alphabet' function?  It claims to not accept any
arguments, but every implementation of it that I can find in the
sequence hierarchy actually does, so... the docs are wrong all over the
place.

Alternately, I could leave the Interface documentation alone, and simply
update the documentation for all of the implementing objects who
actually DO allow you to set the alphabet explicitly after Seq object
creation...

Which do you prefer?  Was it intentional that the ->alphabet interface
not be get/set, or is that historical cruft?

Mark

--
Mark Wilkinson <markw at illuminae.com>
Illuminae