[Bioperl-l] Restriction Enzyme cuts on Circular plasmids

Rob Edwards redwards at utmem.edu
Thu Oct 30 20:52:41 EST 2003

The following is a quick patch for Bio/Restriction/Analysis.pm so that
it handles circular sequences correctly if there is another cut site in
the region that has been linearized. At the moment it won't handle a
single cut site at that point (e.g. pBR322 has a single EcoRI site at
the point it is circularized). I am not sure how to deal with this and
need to think about it (the fragments are right but the cut sites are
not).

Can someone submit it for me?

I have submitted a Bugzilla report as #1548

120c120,121
< for further analysis. However, this will change the start of the
---
 > for further analysis. This fragment will also be checked for cuts
 > by the enzyme(s). However, this will change the start of the
737c738,749
<                 unshift (@re_frags, $last.$first);
---
 >               my $newfrag=$last.$first;