[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast

Luc.Gauthier at aventis.com Luc.Gauthier at aventis.com
Thu Mar 27 11:59:47 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to write a small tool to locally run NCBI Blast. I
quickly found out about the "Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast" module and
decided to use it. I am using Bioperl v1.0. Now what I would like to have as
the final result is the plain raw blast result, as it is normally generated
when running blast as a unix command-line tool.

The reason why I want to do that is that I want to wrap that small tool as a
SOAP web service that can be remotely called. One would call a simple method
and get the plain raw blast result back.

I am new to Bioperl and the answer to my problem may be quite simple ... I
just can't find out how to get the raw blast report from the BPlite object
reference I get back when calling the "blastall" method from a
StandAloneBlast factory.

Can someone help ???

Thank you very much in advance and have a pleasant day !
Luc Gauthier