[Bioperl-l] Using primer3

Shawn Hoon shawnh at fugu-sg.org
Wed Jul 9 10:32:06 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at 02:26  AM, Mike Muratet wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I'm trying to sort out running the primer3 methods in bioperl 1.2.1
> (the latest stable, isn't it?).

bioperl 1.2.2 is just out available at:
http://www.bioperl.org/DIST/bioperl-1.2.2.tar.gz

bioperl-run is available at:
http://www.bioperl.org/DIST/bioperl-run-1.2.2.tar.gz

> I see  by the README in Bio/Tools/Run that this is a separate branch,
> but I don't see at www.bioperl.org or CPAN where it can be downloaded.
> (There is no Run::Primer3 that I can see in the directory.)
>
> I've looked through the wikis and searched the web, but I can't figure
> out how to use it. I know it's a simple answer, could someone clue me
> in?

Currently Primer3 has no wrapper in bioperl-run. However I managed to
dig up an April Email by Rob
that has a link to some modules that he has written for working with
Primer3.

http://www.salmonella.org/bioperl/primer3_v0.3.tgz

Rob I can integrate this with bioperl-run if its okay with you.
Are you still having problems with the WrapperBase I/O handling?

cheers,

shawn
.