[Bioperl-l] introducing news.open-bio.org and new Bioperl news system

nkuipers nkuipers at uvic.ca
Fri Feb 28 16:41:51 EST 2003

>http://news.open-bio.org
>http://news.open-bio.org/bioperl_news.html

groovy, however...

>The last 15 'bioperl' news entries are automatically inserted into the
>front page of our bioperl website at http://bioperl.org/ every 15 minutes.

...I've got a bit of a quibble with what some people consider news.  A new and
possibly even momentous thread from an email list does not qualify as news to
me.  That's what the searchable list archives (and the lists themselves) are
for.  Just my $.02.

>Hilmar, Jason, BrianO and I are the only ones entering news items!

Well, if no one else has news that they feel like sharing at a given time. :)
I would imagine that it'll be mostly the core people who would have reason to
post news anyway...

Cheers,

Nathanael Kuipers

---

Center for Biomedical Research
Dept. of Biology, University of Victoria
Victoria BC, Canada