[Bioperl-l] Bio::Ontology::Term needs Bio::Annotation::Reference

Juguang Xiao juguang at tll.org.sg
Wed Dec 10 06:26:55 EST 2003

HI,

I am trying to write the script and modules for loading InterPro into
biosql. (I will announce the usage etc when I get it done) The term
presenting InterPro record has the lists of attribute such as examples
in the member database, which acts as Bio::Annotation::DBLink, and the
related publications, which should be presented by
Bio::Annotation::Reference, but the current Term does not contain that.
So I will append the following pretty simple methods if no objections
from the list.

add_reference (accept an array of arguments)
get_references
remove_references

Accordingly, the biosql schema should have term_ref table, similar to
term_dbxref. (I leave this to Hilmar)

Comments?

Juguang