[Bioperl-l] RNA fold

Catherine Letondal letondal at pasteur.fr
Sat Dec 6 05:12:37 EST 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 10:22:53PM +0200, Vesko Baev wrote:
> Hi to all,
> if anyone knows a module or external program (which can be linked to bioperl) for folding a RNA predicting hairpins and calculating a free energy?
>
> Thanks to ALL!
>
> Vesselin Baev
> Bulgaria

You can run a remote rnafold by using the rnafold Pise/bioperl client. See:
http://doc.bioperl.org/bioperl-run/Bio/Tools/Run/PiseApplication/rnafold.html
for the available parameters.
See: http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/unites/sis/Pise/#pisebioperl
for documentation. See an example of use of this module here:
http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/unites/sis/Pise/bioperl-examples/

I don't know how it can be connected to the parser, but I would be
interested if you have an example (for inclusion in the example code).

--
Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center