[Bioperl-l] adding seqfeatures in Bio::Seq

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:26:35 -0700

Just to exemplify how useful the recent changes can be I thought I'd
add one of my problems and how easy it is solved now: the way I
rewrote the biosql-adaptor code, the seq object attached to the
features of a Bio::Seq got out-of-sync with the sequence (i.e., they
became different disconnected objects). The way to re-sync that is
now as simple as 1 line:

        $seq->add_SeqFeature($seq->flush_SeqFeatures());

and this goes automatically all the way down to sub-features etc.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org