[Bioperl-l] adding seqfeatures in Bio::Seq

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:19:44 -0700

On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 05:44 PM, Jason Stajich wrote:

<deleted encouragement even though it lifted my spirit
substantially - thanks Jason>

> On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

<snip>
>> I could also fix 4) such that $feat->attach_seq(undef) would de-tach
>> a previously attached seq. However, to me the most sensible solution
>> is also the simplest one: remove the restriction in
>> Seq::add_SeqFeature().
>>
>> Comments? Thoughts? Objections?
>
> I think this is sensible -- I guess that 1.2 is going to be a bit
> cleaner
> than 1.0 as you have done a really good job pushing these things out to
> the edges.

Being the impatient that I am, I took your vote and the lack of
outcries as consensus and  committed this change. If this was too
fast and there is no consensus, I'll reverse it and make seqs
de-tachable from features (but please, there is [silent]
consensus? :)

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org