[Bioperl-l] [Bioperl-guts-l] Notification: incoming/1256 (fwd)

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:49:52 -0400 (EDT)

David

I don't think we supply a MakeMaker in our distro so not sure about that.
I had tested this on one IRIX box with the version that was listed in the
INSTALL and things did work.  Other flavors and combos obviously don't.

Fur pure perl solutions I'd suggest people petitioning the MakeMaker
author for more suggestions
http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=ExtUtils-MakeMaker

as this problem lies in the way that module constructs the Makefile.

The workarounds suggested by other people are to change a system setting
or not try and install the modules but just set your PERL5LIB to point to
a specific place.  A quick search on the mailing list archive turns
that up:
http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2002-July/008469.html

Any Bioperl SGI users who come up with solutions we are happy to add them
to the INSTALL,PLATFORMS and website so that others may benefit, please
let us know what works.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich