[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Seg: zero documentation

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:51:46 -0700

On Saturday, September 21, 2002, at 07:34 PM, Elia Stupka wrote:

>> Seg.pm and Tmhmm.pm both have literally zero lines of documentation or
>> comment, it looks like they've been stripped of comments. Also, there
>> are no tests. At least Tmhmm.pm provides parameters to
>> SeqFeature::Generic which are unsupported. Neither of the modules has
>> been announced on the list.
>
> Hilmar, Bala works in my team, we need modules to go in for others to
> co-work, code-review, etc. I assume that main trunk is for
> development and
> that we don't have to worry about using CVS. If active development is
> precluded we will need to use our own CVS repository to do any
> work, and
> then commit, which seems a bit crazy... I can assure you that these
> modules have a small development cycle (they are just parsers,etc) of
> about 2 weeks max, and then finish off documented, tested, and
> reviewed.

I have no problem with that, assuming that you'll take care that
what needs to be cleaned up will be cleaned up (A short note
beforehand would have prevented my shock ;-)

Generally, there once used to be that at least symbolic rule that if
you commit with tests failing you owe beer ... :-) The only problem
with that is that if we took that serious, BOSC  would become a 72hr
booze convention :-)) So just go ahead ...

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org