[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB:GFF

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:20:38 -0400

Hi Oliver,

This is just a stupid omission from the API (I come from a background where
data is never deleted from a database, but merely marked with an "obsolete"
flag).  I'm happy to fix, since you're not alone in requesting this feature.
Can you suggest the form of the calls that you'd like to use to do deletes
and updates?

On a related note, the current bioperl CVS has an experimental
fast_load_gff.pl script which makes incremental loading almost as fast as the
bulk loader.

Lincoln