[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB:GFF

Oliver Burren Oliver.Burren@cimr.cam.ac.uk
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:01:27 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I'm currently looking at the excellent Generic Genome Browser to visualise
some annotation we have in our lab. This has got me using Bio::DB::GFF
which works well for the addition of GFF files into a MySQL db. However
there seems to be no reciprocal provision for removing data from the
database (i.e. if it is wrong or need updating). Currently I just go in
and remove the data by hand using SQL. I was wondering if anyone has had
any thoughts about methods that allow you to remove data from database
using a Bio::DB:GFF object? For example 'remove all features contained in
segment IDDM1 with a source of CDS'? Do these methods exist already and I
just haven't found them ?

Thankyou,

Olly Burren
JDRF/WT Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research
Addenbrooke's Hospital Site
Hills Road,
Cambridge
CB2 2XY                         Tel. 01223 762598 Fax. 01223 762102