[Bioperl-l] Bio::Graphics/Bio::Graphics::Browser question

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe@devgen.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:14:15 +0200

Hi,
When you want to put it as a independent landmark I would say this is
currently not possible. One possible way is to include it as a feature by
mapping it on the sequence of your 'primary organism'. Or, maybe I would
have to think more about that, a plugin can do the job (Annotator plugin ?).
Hmm, interesting problem.
No I would go for the plugin. I presume that your secondary organism is in a
separate GGB datasource ? If that is the case, then with ever request all
your configuration files (I mean for all sources) are read and parsed. In
that way it would be possible to reach your browser configuration data for
your secondary organism and set up all the  tracks you need in the plugin.
HTH,
Marc