[Bioperl-l] Proposed route to 1.2

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:18:23 -0700

Hmm. I perfectly understand the need for a feature freeze, but
according to this plan it could be as long as 6-7 weeks. I may be in
the situation here to need implement a certain new feature during
that time, as may be Elia or others. If that happens, should we open
a branch then the additions on which are later re-merged into the
HEAD once 1.2 is branched off, or should 1.2 be branched off at the
time of feature freeze or shortly thereafter?

Both have their up- and downsides, so I don't have a strong
preference. Maybe there's a third option too that I'm not aware of.

You make the call what the rule is going to be ...

	-h

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org