[Bioperl-l] Proposal: SemanticMapping and call for info on Gene Objects

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 15 May 2002 09:09:37 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Lincoln Stein wrote:

> I would prefer the ability to pipeline a series of FeatureBuilder
> modules in which the output of one FeatureBuilder is pipelined into
> the input of the next one.  This keeps each step of the transformation
> clean and lets us do cool things like build
> exons->transcripts->genes->gene interaction networks.

I view this a master aggregator having little aggregators, not a chain of
aggregators (ie, I think this pipeline is sensible, but SeqIO should have
a heirarchy of aggregators, not a chain).