[Bioperl-l] starting out with Boulder

Brian Osborne brian_osborne@cognia.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:39:42 -0400

Lincoln,

>> I hate to differ, Jason, but if you look at bioperl.pod and search for
BLAST,
>>the very first thing it does is to tell you to use Bio::Tools::Blast.

In the bioperl-live bioperl.pod all I see is a list of scripts, some use
which use Tools::Blast, and so on, no specific directive to use
Tools::Blast. The FAQ and bptutorial steer people to SearchIO.

Perhaps you're talking about 1.1? I rarely look at this but if this is what
you're referring to, my apologies.

Brian O.