[Bioperl-l] want to bring tools together to help small labs

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:07:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Osborne, Brian wrote:

> Fernan,
>
> Like you, I don't seem to see the cabability to create or maintain local
> databases in bioperl yet, but I certainly could be missing something. I
> would also guess that adding this capability is allowed by the
> architetecture. What you're proposing sounds like a marriage between bioperl
> and Ian Korf's MyGenBank (http://sapiens.wustl.edu/~ikorf/MyGenBank.html).

To be fair to bioperl-db it does work (check it out from cvs) in a pretty
robust way wrt to bioperl. We've just not made a release for it.

Elia - I don't suppose you want to be the release-meister for bioperl-db
by any happy chance?

Or Jason?

Or someone who is not me ;)