[Bioperl-l] New Annotation interfaces!

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Thu, 01 Nov 2001 00:11:23 -0800

Ewan Birney wrote:

> > > if (ref($thingy) eq "HASH") {....}
> > >
> > > Ok, it's not all that nice but it works.
> > >

> > Sure, if the ref wasn't reblessed. I think what I really meant is
> > whether you really need to allow for arbitrary hash refs here, as
> > there is some (not a terrible though) penalty in code sanity (and
> > simplicity in traversing the tree).
>
> The reason why I like arbitary hash-refs in there is because a object
> might want to declare a more nested structured (needing hash-refs) without
> having to make an additional placeholder object just for the hash-tree.
>
> I'd like to stick with this.

Sure. BTW I like your proposal, too, even though it might not have
been obvious ... after all, 6 months after we started that thread
a train ride triggered the whole miracle ...

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                              email: hilmarl@yahoo.com
San Diego, Ca. 92130                     phone: +1 858 812 1757