[Bioperl-l] Workbench3 to have das functionality?

David Block dblock@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:07:58 -0600 (CST)

Hello all - I am cross-posting so as not to miss anyone.  We at the PBI
are slowly releasing Workbench2 (if you email me now, I can send it to
you - it should work).  WB3 is starting off with a wish list, and one of
the major items on my wish list is das.  Workbench should be a das client,
and should include an optional das server, I think.

I know that most of das client code is in java - has anyone else done it
with perl?  I expect our das client to be released open source in the same
way that SeqCanvas (part of bioperl-gui) is open source.  I know that
there is a das server implementation in perl, and I'd like to rework that
for MySQL and our database/bioperl objects.

Anyone with any pointers, advice, or feedback, please let me know.  I'll
start a new topic on our wiki (link below) as well.

Thanks!

--
David Block
dblock@gene.pbi.nrc.ca