[Bioperl-l] Newbie questions:compiling bioperl ext package install on windows OS

Philippe Rocca-Serra philippers@hotmail.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:07:57 +0000

Hello,

I have browsed the mailing lists thoroughly but still, I have to ask a
newbie questions...

well, I need the bio::tools::pSW module for a script I am currently writing.
I am working under Windows 98 OS, using Activeperl 5.6 and DevC++ providing
c compiler.

I have used Jurgen Pletinckx's documents for installing the bioperl 0.7.1
release and everything works fine (thanks a lot!).

When running the "perl makefile.pl" command for bioperl-ext-06 , I have the
following warning:
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: '-lm'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'oldnames.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'user32.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'gdi32.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'winspool.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'cmdlog32.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'advapi32.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'shell32.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'ole32.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'oleaut32.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'uudi.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'wsock32.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'mpr.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'winmm.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'version.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'odbc32.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'odbccp32.lib'
Note: (probably harmless) no library found for: 'msvcrt.lib'

When trying to create the bioperl-ext-06 makefile using nmake.exe I get the
following error message:

DEFINE='-DPOSIX -DNOERROR'; CC='cl'; export DEFINE INC CC; cd libs &&
NMAKE CC=cl libsw.lib -e
NMAKE: fatal error U1081: 'DEFINE='-DPOSIX' : program not found
Stop

I came across Allen Smith's patch meant for an IRIX system posted some
months ago.
Therefore, I would like to know if it is still available (the one I found is
truncated and not working) and if it has been implented for windows OS...

Thanks in advance for helping.

Philippe

Téléchargez MSN Explorer gratuitement à l'adresse
http://explorer.msn.fr/intl.asp