[Bioperl-l] Multiple sequence alignment consensus generation

David J. Evans David.Evans@vir.gla.ac.uk
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:50:53 +0100

I'm working on a project in which I need to generate single letter codes for
non-conserved positions in an alignment i.e Y = C or T, B = C or G or T.
I'm, using UnivAln and/or SimpleAlign to handle my alignments - both will
generate consensuses (consensi ?), but of the format ACGGG!!T as opposed to
ACGGGYBT.  Has anyone written a subroutine to achieve this, and if not,
would others find it useful ?  If the former, could it be posted ?
David

=====
David J. Evans
Institute of Virology  |  David.Evans@vir.gla.ac.uk
University of Glasgow  |  Tel/Fax : +44 0141 330 6249
Church Street          |  SMS/Mobile : +44 07940 592768
GLASGOW G11 5JR        |  http://www.polio.vir.gla.ac.uk/