[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tk::HitDisplay

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
05 Nov 2000 21:09:03 +0000

Hi all,

I've committed a Frame-based Tk widget to Bio::Tk which represents
Blast/Fasta results as sets of coloured bars on a canvas. A demo
script called hitdisplay.pl is in bioperl-live/examples and contains
example code for transforming a BPlite Blast Hit into the data
structure used by the widget to draw the picture.

There's some fairly complete pod documentation and lots of code
comments. A few things need improving, like show/hiding annotation
text for all hits can be very slow when there are a lot of HSPs
displayed. I guess that there's some standard gui-programming tricks
to sort this out.

cheers,

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA