[Bioperl-l] PrimarySeq, Seq fixes

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:40:46 +0000 (GMT)

I have moved PrimarySeq and Seq over to direct new() syntax. This had
knock on effects all over the place (Bio::Seq inherieting modules) which I
then chained up. I am not sure whether this was good or bad.

On my linux box, the new LargePrimarySeq stuf did not work at all. I tired
to fix it by making a filehandle object, but this didn't work. We are
failing tests here --- Jason - any chance of looking over this - I can't
seem to get a FileHandle to open read/write...

I'm moving towards Bio::Seq::GenEMBL

e.

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.