[Bioperl-l] added Bio::SeqIO::largefasta

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 23:37:02 -0800

Jason Stajich wrote:
> will make a copy of the fasta file to your tmpdir (as defined by
> File::Spec->tmpdir) which if overly large could make your machine very

Hm. I recall someone claiming that tmpdir() is in that module or its
submodules even though it's not really documented. However, 'grep -i
tmp' on these .pm files doesn't reveal the hidden place ...

use File::Spec;
print File::Spec->tmpdir, "\n";

gives

Can't locate object method "tmpdir" via package "File::Spec" at - line
2.

I'm running Perl 5.005_03; do I have to upgrade File::Spec from CPAN to
a newer version, or where the hell is tmpdir()?

	Hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                                email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                  phone: +1 858 812 1757