[Biojava-dev] first steps in converting to markdown

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 23 11:05:07 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 9:09 AM, Spencer Bliven
<spencer.bliven at gmail.com> wrote:
> It might be good to mention that the usernames.txt maps biojava.org wiki
> account names to your github email. I was originally expecting github
> usernames to be used somewhere. All my commits seem to have been
> correctly ported.

Yes, that surprised me - it turns out GitHub just looks at the email
address in the raw commits, and as long as you've registered it as
an alias on your GitHub account it will get linked to your GitHub
profile. As far as I could tell, the name associated with the email
address (e.g. capitalisation, initials) did not matter.

Do I need to explain this a bit better on the converter?
https://github.com/peterjc/mediawiki_to_git_md

Thanks,