[Biojava-dev] Website organization

Spencer Bliven spencer.bliven at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 10:48:05 UTC 2016

I've been looking over the website, which is in pretty bad shape. We should
really make a plan for what needs to be changed. I don't think anyone has
much time to devote to the project, so it should be an incremental plan
where we can make progress time permitting.

I see a couple of major tasks:

   1. Improve the menu
   2. Fix broken links. A quick check found >450. Many come from subpages
   that got flattened down to the single /wiki directory.
   3. Reorganize wiki pages into logical directories.
   4. Remove wiki-specific content, such as user pages.
   5. Remove/rename files that differ only in case. This causes some really
   confusing problems when editing on a case-insensitive filesystem.

To facilitate 3-4, maybe we should set up a new directory structure that we
slowly move pages into as they get cleaned up?

-Spencer