[Biojava-dev] Fwd: [obf-assetadm] Automated 30 Day Domain Renewal Reminder 2014-12-12

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 13 05:34:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Andreas Prlic <andreas at sdsc.edu> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
>  I don't think we have ever advertised that domain. Unless anybody else
> feels strongly about this I don't think it needs to be kept.

There is a slight danger of someone grabbing the domain if we let it
expire but if you've never used it that should be harmless (see also
the biojava.com domain mentioned before).

> We are also
> going to release biojava 4 soon, which makes this even less necessary ...
>
> Having said that, could we get biojava.com

That looks to be registered and for sale; someone could enquire [but...]

> and biojava.info (and related) and point it to .org?

I suppose we could, although if we do this for all the OBF domains it would
at least double our domain costs :(