[Biojava-dev] [JIRA] (TAS-344) biojava with Java 8

Terry Casstevens tmc46 at cornell.edu
Mon May 5 15:49:52 UTC 2014

Dear Biojava Developers,

We are using the biojava libraries below with Java 8, and we are getting
the following exception.   Do you what is our problem?

biojava3-alignment-3.0.8.jar
biojava3-core-3.0.8.jar
biojava3-phylo-3.0.8.jar
forester_1030.jar

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Could not initialize class
org.biojava3.core.sequence.location.SimpleLocation
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
at org.biojava3.alignment.Alignments.getListFromFutures(Alignments.java:282)
at org.biojava3.alignment.Alignments.runPairwiseScorers(Alignments.java:602)
at
org.biojava3.alignment.Alignments.getMultipleSequenceAlignment(Alignments.java:173)
at net.maizegenetics.dna.map.TagLocus.getVariableSites(TagLocus.java:501)
at net.maizegenetics.dna.map.TagLocus.getSNPCallsQuant(TagLocus.java:297)

Thank you,

Terry