[Biojava-dev] AFPChain getSimilarity function

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Fri Jan 7 05:17:52 UTC 2011

Hi Ambikesh,

there is a large number of good papers about structure alignment out
there. A possible start is the wikipedia page for it and then dig
deeper in some of the articles that are referenced there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structural_alignment

about the scores:

getSimilarity gives the seq similarity in the alignment
getSimilarity1 and getSimilarity2 are the coverage relative to each of
the two proteins.

Andreas