[Biojava-dev] Putting JVM options in a Manifest file??

Mark Schreiber markjschreiber at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 04:02:04 UTC 2011

Hi -

Does anyone know if it is possible to put a JVM option into the Manifest of
a Jar file?  Essentially, I want to hack the JAR file to set the proxy but I
don't want to have to recompile the Main class. I also don't want to create
various .bat .sh files for different operating systems.

I'm trying to replicate this behaivour (but without doing it from command
line) for a self executing JAR ...

java -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true -jar someJar.jar

ie I want someJar.jar to find and use the configured system proxy