[Biojava-dev] hackathon task list, pom refactoring, &c.

Michael Heuer heuermh at acm.org
Tue Jan 19 04:54:21 UTC 2010

Hello Hackathon participants,

Might we start a task list for the hackathon tomorrow, on the biojava
wiki perhaps?  It would be nice to be able to contribute to the list of
tasks and to claim tasks to work on from off-site.

Today I refactored and cleaned up all the maven poms.  Build and test
works for me on linux, win, and mac with commandline maven.  Eclipse via
m2eclipse is good for almost everything, but has trouble firing off the
maven-jaxb2-plugin code generation step.

If you want to give it a try, version maven 3.0.6-alpha is a lot
more picky about reproducable builds than earlier versions, and
complained a ton when I first started.  Now the only warning is the
deprecated maven1 repo link at java.net.

I have set up cia.vc to post svn commit notification via IRC to #biojava
on irc.freenode.net.  I'll also be on there most of the day tomorrow, or
available on google chat.

Ah, with the blogs and the twitter and stuff, I can't keep up.  ;)

   michael