[Biojava-dev] biojava3 BLAST parser

Scooter Willis HWillis at scripps.edu
Tue Aug 31 10:43:00 UTC 2010

Deniz

Can you provide some requirements regarding parsing the Blast XML. I tend to use XPATH and the DOM object to get to the data elements of interest so you already have the ability to load the Blast XML and work with the data. The difficulty of "parsing" is not an issue with XML. The BlastXMLQuery is an example of searching the Blast XML to get results. Are you wanting the XML elements translated to Java classes?

Thanks

Scooter