[Biojava-dev] DOM, JDom, Xerces?

Mark Schreiber markjschreiber at gmail.com
Mon May 14 03:14:43 UTC 2007

Hello -

I am looking into XPath and XQuery as a way rapidly process the
increasing number of bioinformatics XML formats. As is typical with
Java there is a too many APIs to choose from.

Have people had good experiences with the internal java API (if so
JDK1.5 or 1.6), or is JDom better (even though it is not really DOM)?
How about Xerces and Xalan from Apache???

Is there much support for XQuery yet? I have seen there is a JSR for
official support of XQuery, is there an associated API for download?

- Mark