[Biojava-dev] Helps needed for NexusParser

blee34 at mail.gatech.edu blee34 at mail.gatech.edu
Tue Jun 19 17:50:23 UTC 2007

Dear group,

Hi, I'm a GSOC student Bohyun participating in BioJava project (as a part of
NESCent phyloinformatics work) for this summer!

I need some helps using (Nexus) TAXA Block Parser (which were included in
BioJava1.5-beta2). Can anyone give me a sample code for Parsing a TAXA Block?

What I am trying to do now is to parse a TAXA block and construct a phylo tree
by
using methods like UPGMA, Neighbor-Joining.
(http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:PhyloSOC07)

Also, I'd appreciate if there's anyone who can tell me where to find javadoc
pages for biojavax.phylo package. (It was there on the wiki with
Biojava1.5-beta2 release. I heard that It's been temporarily omitted for the
BioJava1.5 version, but I'd like to get those files for the reference.)

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Bohyun