[Biojava-dev] Biojava - svn migration

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Dec 27 08:36:32 UTC 2007

> I think the root URL is supposed to be /home/svn-repositories/
> biojava/biojava-live, which is what was set up before.  That would
> keep in line with having bio*-related subprojects in the same
> directory (bioperl-db would be /home/svn-repositories/bioperl/
> bioperl-db, for instance).
>
> Andreas, any reason not to change the name to the above (does it
> have to do with the BDB setup)?

the current root level of the svn repository is /home/svn-
repositories/biojava/biojava-svn which could be shortened to

/home/svn/biojava/

below this there are sub-directories for all biojava - projects:

.../biojava-live is the main biojava project
.../biojava-ensj is the ensembl java api , etc.

then the next step in the hierarchy is that each project is organized
into the

/trunk
/branches and
/tags

directories  that is recommended to be used with svn.
so the shortest possible path that could be provided for the main
developmental trunk of biojava is:

/home/svn/biojava/biojava-live/trunk/

chris dag.: if I should set up this directory structure, please add
me to the sudoers file.

>>> For the anonymous access - who will set this up? I assume there
>>> will be a commit hook in the developers repository which will do
>>> a svnsync with the anonymous repository?
>>>

> Don't know that one; it will be the next step I'm assuming.  Not
> sure if we're keeping a sync'ed read-only CVS either as it appears
> to be overly problematic.

I see. So what are the other options to provide anonymous access?

Andreas

Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
                               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
                               +44 (0) 1223 49 6891