[Biojava-dev] Biojava - svn migration was : bioperl like blastparser

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 27 02:27:59 UTC 2007

On Dec 26, 2007, at 5:41 PM, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> On Dec 26, 2007, at 6:29 PM, Andreas Prlic wrote:
>

>>> You just need to put the repositor(ies) in
>>> /home/svn-repositories/biojava
>>
>> Thanks for the info.  I now have the new biojava svn repository for
>> developers running
>
> Great, congrats!

+1!

>> and it is possible to check out (and do commits) via
>>
>> svn co svn+ssh://dev.open-bio.org/home/svn-repositories/biojava/
>> biojava-svn/biojava-live/trunk/  ./biojava-svn
>
> Is this the directory structure template we should all mirror for
> the different projects? I suppose some consistency isn't bad ...
>
> The URL looks awfully long - did we choose not to use /home/svn
> (instead of /home/svn-repositories), and is the intervening 'biojava-
> svn directory needed?
>
> I.e., is root URL of the repository at /home/svn-repositories/
> biojava/biojava-svn/biojava-live/, or /home/svn-repositories/
> biojava/ ?
>

> 	-hilmar

I think the root URL is supposed to be /home/svn-repositories/biojava/
biojava-live, which is what was set up before.  That would keep in
line with having bio*-related subprojects in the same directory
(bioperl-db would be /home/svn-repositories/bioperl/bioperl-db, for
instance).

Andreas, any reason not to change the name to the above (does it have
to do with the BDB setup)?

>> I am just running final tests to see if all is fine. Access should
>> work for other biojava developers as well.
>>

>> For the anonymous access - who will set this up? I assume there
>> will be a commit hook in the developers repository which will do a
>> svnsync with the anonymous repository?
>>
>> Andreas

Don't know that one; it will be the next step I'm assuming.  Not sure
if we're keeping a sync'ed read-only CVS either as it appears to be
overly problematic.

chris