[Biojava-dev] SeqIOTools method not found

Dickson S. Guedes guedes at unisul.br
Wed Mar 22 20:01:15 UTC 2006

Hi Yan,

Download BioJava
- http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:Download

Getting Started
- http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:GetStarted

Look at the sites above to get information about correct installation of
Biojava framework.

[]s
--
Dickson S. Guedes
/*

Yan Bai wrotes:
 > I am new in this mailing list,
 > I've download biojava package, pretty sure CLASSPATH was set up
right. I typed the example given on the tutorial (Trace2Seq.java), got
compiler error as below. In biojava source code, I couldn't find the
method named as "writeFasta" in SeqIOTools with "Sequence" as the 2nd
parameter, neither did I find any methods with 'Sequence' as the 2nd
parameter, but they all show up on API.
 > I am in the first step of trying Biojava, and this is frustrating.
Apprecate if someone will help me out.
 > Trace2Seq.java:18: cannot find symbol
 > symbol  : method
writeFasta(java.io.PrintStream,org.biojava.bio.seq.Sequence)