[Biojava-dev] hey biojava developers ...

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Fri Mar 10 19:17:25 UTC 2006

Hey folks,

This is a heads up on two things:

(1) I'm going to have to move the biojava mailing lists to our new
server hardware this weekend. All your list settings, subscribers
etc. will all be preserved along with the full archives. The main
difference is that your list will be hosted at a new server URL:
"lists.open-bio.org" where we are concentrating all OBF hosted
mailing lists. There will be forwarding rules and aliases left behind
on the "old" server so nobody gets lost in the transition.

(2) The server hosting biojava.org is going to lose its internet
connection (our hosting at Wyeth is going away soon) so we also need
to start thinkng about how and when to move your website to the new
server. This should be pretty easy for me to do but I'd like to do it
in cooperation with the existing website person who can doublecheck
that everything gets migrated and remains working.  Can someone
contact me directly so we can work together?

Basically moving the developers and CVS is to the new hardware before
we lose our existing net connection is going to be so much work that
I'm really trying to speed up the process of moving websites and
mailing lists which are much easier to handle by myself.

Regards,
Chris
OBF