[Biojava-dev] I am interested to contribute to the bioJava-project.

cor.lieftink at xs4all.nl cor.lieftink at xs4all.nl
Wed May 25 16:30:08 EDT 2005

Hi Mark, David (and others),

Thank you for your replies. I have added David's text below, as it is not
in the archive, although David send it with a CC to biojava-dev at biojava.org .

Mark wrote:
 > we desperately need a lot more unit tests and documentation.
Documentation and Junit test seem to me good starting points to work myself
into the bioJava code. Please let me know what exactly you like me to do.

Besides a general interest in genomics and programming, I am especialy
interested to contribute to bioJava code that in the end helps genomics to
reduce the need for laboratory animals. See for example the report of the
international conference Genomics & Alternatives to Animal Use, which was
held last year in the Netherlands, held 2 - 4 June, 2004 in Maastricht, the
Netherlands. ( www.genomics.nl/homepage/publications/Synopsis_GA.pdf ). For
this reason I am a bit more interested in the algorithms part of the code,
to help modelling.

Regards,

Cor

Subject: Re: [Biojava-dev] I am interested to contribute to the
bioJava-project.
Date: Sunday 22 May 2005 23:20
From: David Huen <smh1008 at cam.ac.uk>
To: cor.lieftink at xs4all.nl
Cc: biojava-dev at biojava.org

Dear Cor, Since your interest and expertise appear to be on the database
and web side of Java, you may have an interest in BioSQL (a database for
genetic info, you see correspondence about it in the mailgroup archives).
You may also be interested in Flymine (www.flymine.org), a data warehouse
project to deliver biological data to biologists, that uses very many of
the skills that you appear to have already.

Regards,
David