[Biojava-dev] bioJava, jsci

Silvère Martin-Michiellot silvere at digitalbiosphere.com
Sun Oct 5 18:54:37 EDT 2003

Hi,

We are a group of people building the JSci package at jsci.sourceforge.net.
We are looking to extend/implement biology features. We need support for
biologists to help us extend the features of the API as we are not experts
by ourselves.

Thus far we have implemented a basic package with aminoacids, DNA, bases,
mRNA, proteins. We would like to receive suggestions, ideas about possible
extensions, API review, etc.
It seems for us we have to work in the same direction as you do to
minimalize coding effort.
We are also thinking about implementing XML support but from
http://www.pasteur.fr/cgi-bin/biology/bnb_s.pl?english=1&query=xml it
appears we are a bit struck to what is cool, working, standard and what is
not (see for example the comparison from
http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~douglas/proximl/proximl.html).
We are finally wondering how to organise our packages to help users who
would like to use BioJava along with JSci.

Let us know.

Silvere Martin-Michiellot builds the Internet future on
www.digitalbiosphere.com